Tuesday 15 October 2013

Let me tell you a bit about myself...


Sylvia has been kind enough to introduce me. Now we think it proper for me to tell you something about who I am.

I come from Maine, in New England, a region of the United States that borders Canada. That is where I now live. I went to high school in Virginia, and began college in New York state. I earned my Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Southern Maine, and my law degree at the University of Maine School of Law.

Until coming to Spain as a language and culture assistant this year, I worked for different law firms, mostly in Mexico, translating legal documents like contracts from Spanish into English. (Never from English into Spanish—my Spanish is not that good!)

Off and on, I have also written articles for different newspapers and magazines, both in the United States and in Mexico.

In addition to New York state and Virginia, I have lived in Beeville and El Paso, Texas; Washington, D.C.; Mexico City, Mexico; Mérida, Yucatán; Cozumel, Quintana Roo (Mexico); Chihuahua, Chih. (Mexico), and Albuquerque, New Mexico. I love to travel and have visited several countries now. Mostly I go to warm places, or places that are warm at the time I am there. I did once go to South Georgia Island, which is part of Antarctica—but it was not very cold when I visited, because it was the end of summer in the southern hemisphere.

I enjoy the sports of hiking and horseback riding, sailing and kayaking. I like to cook and do photography.  I read a lot, more fiction than non-fiction.

I am very happy to be in San Juan del Puerto. I feel very lucky to be working with such a diverse and talented faculty and students who have so much potential. I hope to be useful to the bilingual program, and I know I will learn a great deal from the people I am working with! My thanks to everyone for your welcome and kindness.

18 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Gloria. My class is 2°A. It's very interesting and I love traveling too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii Susan! I'm Lucía from 2ºA. It's amazing hahaha We're so glad to have you here with us, you're so lovely! Thank yoou :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Susan.I am Ezequiel.My class is 2C.It is interesting the description.Thank you Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ! Susan . I am León . My class is 2B . I think your description is very interesting . Thank you very much Susan . Bye .

      Delete
  5. Hello! Susan. I'm Jesús M. My class is 2ºA. I like your description because is very interesting. Thank you for go to San Juan del Puerto to teach English to we. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Susan. I'm Gabriel. My class is 2º A. Your description is very beautiful and interesting and I am happy because you like San Juan del Puerto. You are a good teacher. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Susan. My name is Raquel and my class is 2ª C. I like your description, is very interesting and beautiful. Thank you Susan. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi !! Susan I'm Alba Dominguez. My class is 2°C. I think your description is ver y interesting. Thank you. Bye!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello susan. I'm victoria.My class is 2°A.Your description is very interesting and beautiful.Thank susan,bye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Susan! I'm María Borrallo, my class is 2ºB. I think your description is very good! I also love the USA! thanks you Susan! Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi¡¡ I am adrian my class is 2b you description is interesting.susan bye

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello ! Susan. I'm Juanma. I think that this text is very interesting and I also love traveling. Thanks you Susan !. Good bye !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susan! I am Ana my class is 2ºB. I think that this text is very interesting. Thanks you Susan!. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Susan! I am Rafael,my class is 2ºA.The description are interesting and funny!.Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Susan! I'm Silvia and my class is 2ºC. I liked your description, is very interesting and fun. Goodbye.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Susan I´m Emilia,my class is 2ºC.I think your description is very interesting.I love to travel too.Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello I'm Manuel, my class is 2ºA. The description is very interesting.I really like this description.

    ReplyDelete