Thursday 7 October 2010

Hello, my name is Erin...

Hello everyone at I.E.S. Diego Rodríguez Estrada. My name is Erin Martin and I will be the new Conversation Assistant, or "Auxiliar de Conversación" for this year. I am very happy to be able to share this year with all of the professors and students at I.E.S. D.R.E. and would like to thank everyone for their very warm welcome.



Me in Mendoza, Argentina

I am from Denver, Colorado in the United States, but I have also lived in St. Louis, Missouri, and Chicago, Illinois. See if you can find all three on this map:



Map of the U.S.

In the U.S., I studied Anthropology and Spanish, but I did many other things outside of school. I am an Irish Dancer and I play the folk harp. I also like to hike and camp in the mountains as well as practice yoga and travel. In my free time here and at home, I like to cook, eat, garden, and take pictures. I am a vegetarian, so my favorite foods may be different from yours. Some of my favorites plates are vegetable soup, lentils with curry, and fresh bread. I hope to share some typical food from my house and country with all of you. If you would like to see photos of Colorado or St. Louis, you can see my photo page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/50575405@N02/page1/.



Irish Dancers

I am very excited to be here in San Juan to share my language and culture with I.E.S. D.R.E. in order to carry out the biligual project. However, I am equally as excited to learn about San Juan, Huelva, and Spain from all of you.

Thank you again for the very warm welcome to San Juan and I.E.S. D.R.E. The professors' energy and enthusiasm are very inspiring and I hope for the very best this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment